Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fully Equipped

There are times in life when I find myself just plain stumped. What am I supposed to be doing? Is this all there is? I desire so much more for my life. I thought it would be different. I ache to step out and make my statement to the world, but fear grips my mind and my tongue stops short of saying anything. I stay frozen in time and just keep on keeping on; never moving forward. How does a woman overcome moments like those?

My best friend and I were having a phone conversation this morning about how we really want God to use us. Neither of us feel that we are in our true place in life. There is a strong feeling that there must be more. We are missing something. That may sound like a strange sensation for two sold-out Christian women to have, but I think it is actually common among many women today. We find ourselves early on making decisions about education, career, marriage, family, home life, and pretty soon we have lost ourselves in the mix. How can we get back on track?

I have been searching for the anecdote and I think I have found it. Think back to when you were younger. Before life kicked in full force. Back before you had kids, jobs, housework. What did you want to do then? It's not too late! I am stretching my faith and pursuing my passions for the first time in many years. In September I'll be turning 44, so better late than never! Hopefully, I've got at least 45 more years left. I am not going to let them slip by without trying my best to fulfill God's plan for me.

God places a purpose into the heart of every human being He creates. If you haven't found it, try searching your soul. What excited you when you were younger? What fueled your flame? The answer to those questions is probably a pretty good indication of what you should be fearlessly pursuing. Maybe you don't feel equipped. Neither do I, but I am studying God's word and following the directions He gives me.

2 Timothy 3 Verses 16-17 in the AMP says, "Every scripture is God breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose and action), So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well-fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work."

He has equipped me! I am able! When I find my passion, I discover my voice. I will no longer be fearful about speaking what God has ordained me to share. Praise Him for His provision. I will trust in The One Who has given me all I need to serve Him.

Father, Thank You for loving us and for having a divine plan for each of our lives. May we seek You with all our hearts and keep our minds focused on You as we serve. Make our purpose evident and obtainable. Give us strength. Give us joy in the journey. Use us, Lord for Your glory. In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen!

Blessings,
Starr

3 comments:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Starr,

This is my hearts cry too! My prayer has been, "Lord use my life. Please don't let me miss one thing small or big that you have planned for me."

You need to go to YOUTUBE and search for the Britt Nichole song called "Set the world on fire" it has a teenage sound but the words are my heart. I just love it.

Hugs! Joanne

krista said...

You are speaking straight to my heart sister! I feel just how you described. It feels like I am standing on the cusp of something big I can't wait to see what God has in store.

Kelly said...

Starr - I can SO relate to this post! Since coming back from She Speaks, I feel like I need to get busy on ministry for God. But I don't know WHAT ministry, so I waiting for God to show me.

Thanks for this post!