Thursday, May 15, 2008

Seasons

I love this time of year. It is just refreshing to look out the window and see life all around! I had grown weary of looking out to see dried up remnants of what used to be nature's beauty. Spring is a gift from God to us, His children, don't you think? I certainly do believe that is true. He realizes, in His awesome wisdom, that we need a pick-me-up after being shut in and cold for such an extended time. I am so glad that He cares for us so deeply that he even gave us the seasons so we wouldn't get stuck in a rut.

I am also in a different season of life right now. I find myself having to loosen my grip on my oldest child who has just graduated from High School. Not just any high school, our home school, where I have had the privilege to be his teacher, his mom, his mentor and his friend for the past eleven years. I think it may be even harder for a home school mom to let go of her child; more than any other mother. Just for the fact that we have spent so much time with our children. In reality, I can look back and feel blessed that I got to see him grow and learn every step of the way. I can honestly say I have tried to be the best mom I could be. In contrast, I guess we all have some regrets as we glance back over our parenting experiences. We could have always done something better. But I am so glad I had the blessing of homeschooling.

The new signs of life out my window are inviting me to come out and explore what God has offered. I am excited as I venture out to experience it all! I am sure my son feels the same way as he sets out to experience all that God has planned for his life. I can be assured as he moves forward that his mind is fixed on Christ and his plans will mirror that image. What better gift could a mom possibly ask for! I am excited for him as well. I can't wait to see what God will accomplish through his life and I am so glad I played a part in getting my son to this point in time.

I do have a five-year-old to keep me occupied, though. We are just beginning on his home school journey. There are lots of windows to be opened for him. He is in a new season, too. Our house is brimming with hope and expectation as we pass through all the future thresholds!

I trust God to lead us all the way. Life is great and full of newness. Even in the dormant times, God is working on our behalf to bring His purposes to fruition. If only we can remember that no matter what season we find ourselves in, change is coming, and it always brings us something good in the end.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 -"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." (NIV)

What season are you in right now?

What is God showing you in this time of life?

How can you use what you are learning to help someone else?

Thank Him for His wisdom and His love and be glad for your season. It has a purpose and Romans 8:28 says that it will all work out for your good, if you love Him in the midst of it.

Love and Blessing,
Starr

No comments: