Monday, June 7, 2010

Encouraging Words

I am almost finished with a book I have been writing for months. Because of that, I have been away from my bloggy friends here for entirely too long and I have missed you. Even though I haven't posted for so long, I have continued to receive many touching comments from new and regular readers. It's nice to know I am still loved and serving others even in my absence.

In the weekly Bible Study I teach, we have been taking time each day to encourage and pray for each other. That is something we all tend to neglect in our all-too-busy lives. But, God has always known just how inportant it is to encourage and be an encourager. He tells us in Hebrews 10:24-25:

"And let us consider how we may spur each other on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the day approaching."

I am blessed in that I have many people who love and encourage me on a regular basis. I hope you do too. But even if you don't you have a Father in heaven who adores you so much that He gave His only Son that you may have eternal life as well as have an abundant life here on this earth to enjoy and savor. I pray that you will seek a closer relationship with Him today.

Remember, God inhabits the praises of His people! When we praise Him, He graces us with his presence. When we praise and encourage others, we ourselves become more aware of Him and the effects of his loving-kindness.

Go find someone to lift up right now. We all need a boost every now and then. And, much thanks to my special friends who encourage me every time they see me. You know who you are and I appreciate the "boost".

1 comment:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Hi Starr!

I was reading an old post from two years ago, when we attended She Speaks together. Your comment was attached and so I had to come over and give you a hug with my heart.

How awesome that you've finished a book...woohooo! Yippee! You are a gifted writer with a heart to love and serve your King. I am sure Jesus is a whoopin' and a hollerin' for you too. Can't wait to hold your book in my hands. Love you girl!